Thursday, February 20, 2014

ENLIGHTENED PERSPECTIVE by Andy Rooney

I've 
learned
.... 
That the best classroom in the world is atthe 
feet of an elderly 
person.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That when you're in love, it 
shows.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That just one person saying to me, 'You've mademy 
day!' makes my 
day.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That having a child fall asleep in your armsis 
one of the most peaceful feelings in the 
world.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That being kind is more important than being 
right.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That you should never say no to a gift froma 
child.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That I can always pray for someone when Idon't 
have the strength to help him in some other 
way.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That no matter how serious your life requiresyou 
to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy 
with.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That sometimes all a person needs is a handto 
hold and a heart to 
understand.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That simple walks with my father around theblock 
on summer nights when I was a child didwonders 
for me as an 
adult.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That life is like a roll of toilet paper.The 
closer it gets to the end, the faster it 
goes.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That we should be glad God doesn't give us 
everything we ask 
for.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That money doesn't buy 
class.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That it's those small daily happenings thatmake 
life so 
spectacular.
 
 
I've 
learned
... 
That under everyone's hard shell is someonewho 
wants to be appreciated and 
loved.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That to ignore the facts does not change the 
facts.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That when you plan to get even with someone,you 
are only letting that person continue tohurt 
you.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That love, not time, heals all 
wounds.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That the easiest way for me to grow as a personis 
to surround myself with people smarter thanI 
am.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That everyone you meet deserves to be greetedwith 
a 
smile.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That no one is perfect until you fall in lovewith 
them.
 
 
I've 
learned
... 
That life is tough, but I'm 
tougher.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That opportunities are never lost; someonewill 
take the ones you 
miss.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That when you harbor bitterness, happinesswill 
dock 
elsewhere.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That I wish I could have told my Mom that Ilove 
her one more time before she passed
away.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That one should keep his words both soft and 
tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat 
them.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That a smile is an inexpensive way to improveyour 
looks.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That when your newly born grandchild holdsyour 
little finger in his little fist, that you're
hooked for 
life.
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That everyone wants to live on top of the 
mountain, but all the happiness and growthoccurs 
while you're climbing 
it.
 
 
I've 
learned
.... 
That the less time I have to work with, themore 
things I get 
done.

No comments :